The Institute’s ongoing projects are classified as follows.
|Title:||Assessment of radionuclides (uranium, thorium and radium) in ground water used as source of drinking water in selected districts of Andhra Pradesh, India|
* To determine the concentrations of Uranium, thorium and radium in drinking water from selected districts of Andhra Pradesh.
* To asssess and identify the source of radiogenic elements in groundwater.
* To study geological or geochemical characteristics associated with high radioactive element concentrations.
|Duration:||04/2014 - 03/2016 Ext. 06/2018|
|Participants:||Dr. K. Rama Mohan, Dr. A. Keshav Krishna|
|Title:||Geochemical controls and mechanism of fluoride release in groundwater from the alluvial aquifer of Dwarka river basin, Birbhum, West Bengal|
* Characterize the hydrogeochemistry as well as identification of drinking and irrigation water suitability of groundwater in Dwarka river basin.
* Study on hydrogeochemical evolution of groundwater in the context of F- from catchment to discharge zone of the basin.
* Study on water-sediment interaction in the aquifer depth
* Assess the main geochemcial factors controlling F- enrichment
* Genesis and mobilization of F- within the river basin
|Duration:||04/2015 - 03/2018|
|Participants:||Dr. Devender Kumar|
|Title:||Development and testing of nano-geo tracers : Understanding groundwater flow dynamics and contaminants migration in various geo-environments|
* To test nano material from PSG IAS as tracer in soil moisture transport and groundwater flow studies
* Comparative study using conventional tracers like tritium and chloride
* Apply soil and sand columns for testing nano-tracers for its applicability in hydrological parameter evaluation
* Testing in aquifer zone through bore holes for estimating hydrological parameters
|Duration:||05/2016 - 04/2018|
|Participants:||Dr. Shakeel Ahmed, Dr. R. Rajkumar|
|Title:||Data Generation for Aquifer Mapping with focus on Palaeo-Channels in parts of Ganga-Yamuna Doab, Allahabad &Kaushambi district, Uttar Pradesh|
* Delineation of the geometry and aquifer set-up in the study area
* Determining Geophysical Characteristics of various lithounits
* Identification of major palaeo-channels in the inter-fluve region
* Preparing lithological model of the area
* Delineation& possible understanding of the Aquifer system with lithologic model developed
|Duration:||04/2016 - 12/2016 Ext. 03/2018|
|Participants:||PI: Dr. Subash Chandra|
|Title:||High resolution 3D aquifer mapping along Tapi river and the adjoining region near Surat employing heliborne and ground geophysical surveys|
* 3D aquifer mapping to evaluate the available water resources
* Sites for French Well construction in river bed and also in adjoining land areas connected through subsurface pathways
* Demarcating zones prone to water logging, if any
* Water quality (Salinity) map of the region
* Sites for effective Artificial Recharge
|Duration:||04/2017 - 03/2018|
|Participants:||PI: Dr. Shakeel Ahmed|
|Title:||Development of Decision Support Tool (DST) for sustainable water management in Irrigation in India|
* Assessment of water resources including groundwater in the sugarcane growng areas and its spatio-temporal variation.
* Water budgeting and its projection to a reasonable time period based on the projected stresses such as rainfall and agriculture demands.
* Development of Decision Sopport Tool for the study area specific and its application in testing the scenarios for suistainable management
|Duration:||01/2017 - 12/2017 Ext. 04/2018|
|Participants:||PI: Dr. Shakeel Ahmed|
|Title:||Evaluation of Environmental Status of Osman Sagar and Himayat Sagar Reservoirs in the light of G.O. 111|
* To study the scientific relevance of G.O. 111 in terms of surface water protection
* To provide state-of-the-art review on surface water protection zones around the world and India
* Methodology for delineation of water protection zones for Osman Sagar and Himayat sagar
|Duration:||05/2017 - 04/2018|
|Participants:||PI: Dr. M. J. Nandan|
|Title:||Feasibility report for drilling of Piezometers in the campus of Granules India Limited, Hyderabad|
|Objective:||Feasibility report of the study area for drilling piezometers in the premise of Granules India Limited, Hyderabad|
|Sponsor:||Granules India Limited|
|Duration:||09/2017 - 10/2017|
|Participants:||Dr. M. J. Nandan, Dr. L. Suri Naidu|
|Title:||Identification of source/s of pollution (high TDS) in groundwater north of Rasaipalayam village, Sulur Taluk, Coimbatore dist.|
|Objective:||To identify the possible source(s) responsible for groundwater contamination|
|Duration:||12/2017 - 03/2018|
|Participants:||PI: Dr. Devender Kumar|
|Title:||Assessment of sources of nitrate pollution in groundwater and its mitigation measures|
* To study the recharge processes and flow dynamics in the study area by using the hydrochemistry and environmental isotopes
* To demarcate the nitrate contaminated groundwater zones in the study area
* Source apportionment of nitrate
* Assessing the biogeochemical preocesses in the unsaturated/saturated zones.
* Laboratory experiments of denitrification efficiency of commonly grown herbs/shrubs.
* Development of suitable mitigation measures from laboratory scale to field scale
* Mass awareness program to aware study area population regarding causes, consequences and remedial measures
|Duration:||12/2016 - 12/2018||Participants:||Dr. Dali Mondal|
Page Last Updated On : 09-02-2018